Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bonjour! From Paris!

Bonjour mon amie (hello friend)!
At this very moment I am sitting in a hotel room in PARIS! Can you believe it? I am at my dream destination at this very moment with my dad for my senior trip. We left on Tuesday the 24 of May 2:15 pm and we landed in Paris at 10:54 am on Wednesday the 25 of May (there is an eight hour difference between Utah and Paris.) Paris is absolutely lovely, the architecture, the history, the food is all amazing! I love it, but today hasn't been all that glittery and fun because I only got 2 hours of sleep and I have a monstrous headache at the moment, but truly don't get me wrong, I am very excited and appreciative of this trip
, its been quite an adventure already! So it all started when we were trying to find the metropolitan-- Metro for short, aka the french "subway"-- and we got terribly lost and were walking everywhere before we finally came to a cafe/pub and asked for directions. Unfortunately none of them spoke English except for one who could only say "right" but then one of them walked us through a map and then we finally found the Metro. Once there we had to ride a train to the rue rivoli (rivoli road) and then got lost trying to find Le musee de Louvre (the Louvre museum). But we finally found it and all was well. But after when we had walked all the way down the Champs d'elysees-- which is the road that has the arc d'triomphe and the shopping on it-- we had gotten dinner at pizza pino and dessert at Laduree we found another entreance to the Metro and again got lost... lucky us huh?? Any who, we finally made it back safely to our hotel where I washed my feet, put my pj's on and am now eating a religieuses rose which is fabulous!

No comments: