Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fortune Cookies

I believe in fortune cookies. Sometimes they tell you what you need to hear at just the right moment. That is why I believe in them. This past week I actually received two of them and both held answers and comforts that no one else would have known I would have needed to hear.

The first was on tuesday after I had come out of my Chiropractor's office:
"You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course."

The second was with my family at dinner on Valentine's Day:
"People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner."

I don't know about you but I connected the two to my mission. Have I mentioned I'm going on a mission? Hopefully I haven't or I'm going to start sounding like a broken record. But, I most definitely am going on a mission.

I've known for a long time that I would be going. But being the eldest daughter of a family of girls, it's taken a lot of convincing to get my parents on board. And even now they still don't really want to let go. My mom actually expressed to me that the only reason why she "seems" to be okay with it is because she knows that this is a decision that can not be deterred. I have prayed to my Father in Heaven long and hard about the decision and with everything that I have gone through in the last year, it seemed like the perfect thing to do. A mission change had quite impeccable timing in my book.

I would love if you would follow my mission blog that I've made. But you don't need to-- it just will have all my updates while I'm out serving during those 18 months.

Mission blog: http://mymissionisnow.blogspot.com  (Dear Sister Wood)
There is also a link in my side bar under "My Other Blogs" if you want to find my mission blog 6 months from now or whenever :)

No comments: