Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I love writing!!



Can I just say that I love writing! Like, you don't even get it, i LOVE writing! The fact that I get to wake up every morning and go to english classes and talk about how to write better, and read poetry and write papers on fascinating topics that I love is the best! In one of my english classes we are writing a research paper on fairytales! Yes, you read that right, FAIRYTALES! It is amazing, I am in a group of all girls, and all we ever talk about is disney's Tangled and how fairytales were before disney! I love it! Our paper has to be close to 12-14 pages long, but we are so excited about our topic it is already about 19 and a 1/2 pages and we are not done and it's about the stories, Cinderella and Rapunzel!! It is a lot of fun too because the four of us girls are not all the same major, one girl is emphasizing in English Education, another in professional writing (she wants to work in forensics, so she always talks about how she knows how to fight bad guys off and kill them* with her bare hand. Then the last girl is in creative writing, like me! So to put those four heads together gets really fun to work with.

TANGENT: Good News! I finally decided what my exact educational plan is! FINALLY! no more switching back and forth between "ideas." I have decided that I will Major in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing (obviously). BUT!! then I am going to Minor in Art with an Emphasis in Illustration and Photography!! I am so happy! they are all the things I absolutely love and I can put them all to use in my career! So I am set with the rest of my future, well......as long as I pass my Math** Class!

Also, I started yet another blog, so now I am managing 4 total blogs, but they each have a specific purpose. This last one though is technically a secret, no one knows about this one because I decided that I needed an outlet where I could put my work and practice making my writing a daily (really trying) habit. So I am putting my writing, art, and photography there. Maybe one day I will tell you guys what the URL is if you are interested. But for now I want this to be where I can go and I know no one is reading my "actual" work.



*She is really nice, really she is, I promise!
**Math hates me, so we'll see!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm glad you think the girl who wants to work in Forensics is nice despite her awesome ability to kill people with her bare hands! :)