Friday, October 19, 2012

Be Motivated, Be Creative, Be Inspired

I used to do a lot of thinking, but never enough doing. I thought that dreamers were those who dreamt of becoming more, of doing more but never actually doing or becoming. I always wished and wanted but I could never finish something I started. It's sad to think that I wasted so much time on nothing, but that doesn't mean I have to quit, it just means that you admit the problem, think of a solution and follow through.

Sometimes life gets discouraging and knock you down, but you have to have the courage to stand up to the wrongs in life and realize that there are more reasons to get back up than there are to stay down. I probably already said this before but, I have been having a hard time making up my mind lately about, well, everything but I feel that I have found a solution.

One part of it was, I had some trouble keeping my love and interest of writing going. I have been taking a creative writing class here at school and it helped a little bit, but I was not as motivated, especially when I had got some bad critiques on one of my pieces. They pretty much bashed on the entirety of it and I was extremely upset. No one had ever been so mean and it hurt. It was like I had the wind knocked out of me and I felt that maybe writing wasn't for me. But, I kept going.

Yesterday we had another critique and the piece I wrote was well received, I had a lot of wonderful insights and some helpful tips but in all its was more of a boost of confidence for my writing. Because of this piece I think I am going to try turning it into a full length novel.

It's funny how you can get inspired from the most ordinary things. I guess that why people invented the word creativity. Taking something seeming so ordinary and being able to create something extrordinary out of it.

The other thing is that I have put myself outside of my comfort zone and outside my usual little box and signed up to run a half marathon in June! I am very excited because I have a problem with exercising. I am not very motivated to do it but I want to learn to become motivated. So I asked a couple of people to join me and I registered for the Utah Valley Half Marathon to keep me motivated to finish something I started. I am really happy because i am going to finally be able to cross something off my bucket list! And I get to spend it with people that I love dearly! Wish us luck!

No comments: