Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In a Nutshell

This past weekend was one of the most fun weekends I have had since being up here (since I finished my homework pretty early). My weekend starts on Thursday, sort of, and this past Thursday I got to go horseback riding with some of my roommates!

(From left to right: Sydni, Me, Lara, Kayli)

It was so much fun and I was pretty sore afterwards, but the weather was absolutely perfect and it was so nice to hang out with my roommates for a couple of hours!


The horse I rode was named Chase and she was a beauty! I really didn't want to leave, it was amazing to be out with such incredible animals and the weather really was beautiful-- it could not have been better.

Then on Friday I had to do a bunch of homework but it was totally worth it because on Saturday there was conference and I got to go out to lunch with my roommate Kristina and her friends and then I volunteered at a women's walk on campus with my roommate Kayli and afterward we went up to her families cabin in Island Park and stayed the night with all of her family. It was so much fun to be around so many people when I was missing my own family in Utah. I felt like I was part of their family for the weekend and it was so nice of them to take me in! I was so happy everything worked out.


Even though I missed my family, because my dad ran the St. George Marathon on Saturday, I just had to tell my self I only had to hold out a couple more days because I get to go home this week to be with them which I am so excited to see them and spend this weekend with them! I can't wait!




1 comment:

Brittney said...

It looks like you had a great time horseback riding! I'm glad you are liking your roommates. I miss you!!!