Sunday, November 4, 2012

Those Who Come Into Our Lives

(Left to right: Carson, Kayli, Lara, Me, Sydni, Kristina)

I wanted to introduce some very special people to you. As you can see above there is a picture of my roommates and I. Yes, that's right, I wanted to tell you a little bit about my beautiful roommates. They have become sisters to me and I love them dearly.

(Lara Zenger and I)

So first off we have my wonderful roommate Lara Zenger from St. Louis, Missouri,  who I share a room with. We literally hit it off as soon as she walked through that apartment door--which doesn't happen too often since I am the "shy girl." I consider her the older sister I never had (seeing as I am the oldest in my family). She just turned 24 and she is a returned missionary. She served in Ukraine and spoke Russian and it's always a treat for me to hear her talk in Russian because it sounds so delicate and pretty coming from her, plus it's cool just to hear a different language spoken in the apartment. She is a huge example to me of what I should be and by her example, it has helped me decide to go on a mission.

(Kristina Nye)

Next we have Kristina Nye who is from Buhl, Idaho. She was the very first girl I met of all the roommates when I moved back up to Idaho this year and I can't say I have ever had a more warm welcoming than I did from her. She is is 21 and has the title of Miss Snake River Valley and going for Miss Idaho this coming summer. She is definitely the party and the most outgoing and she can cheer you up in the blink of an eye. She is absolutely fantastic to be around, plus she has a gorgeous voice which brightens up the apartment every day.

(Kayli Schwendiman)

Then we have Kayli Schwendiman, from Newdale, Idaho, who was the second person I met and again, so friendly and beautiful. Both Kristina and Kayli helped me move in all of my stuff on their way to the gym. Kayli just turned 20 and is one of the main reasons I have been so determined to run a half marathon because she does full 26.2 mile marathons and is helping me build my miles up. She has the title of Miss Southeastern Idaho and she is also going after Miss Idaho this summer. She is always so fun to be around and she is so kind to everyone she comes in contact with. She inspires me every day to be a healthier me and I couldn't be more blessed for it.

(Sydni Parkinson)

Sydni Parkinson is from Salem, Idaho and she is the same age as me (so 19 years old) but in terms of maturity in spirit I would say more like 25 years old. Her spirit speaks so loud and although she thinks she is quiet, she impresses more than she knows. She has a beautiful and soulful voice that always seems to always put a smile on my face and her passion to teach and share the gospel makes my testimony feel extremely inadequate and it makes me want to work harder at it. I am deeply grateful for her for that reason.

(Carson Duke)

Last but definitely not least we have Carson Duke from Scottsdale, Arizona. First off, I love her clothes and her fashion sense is absolutely impeccable, as well as all of my roommates (they are all like models, no joke). But anyways, Carson is 19 years old with Sydni and I and she plays Lacrosse and she is super outgoing as well. Honestly it is so nice to have such outgoing girls around. 



So there you have it! The most wonderful and beautiful girls I have ever lived with and there is seriously never a dull moment when I am with them and sometimes we have too much fun but I couldn't have asked for better roommates :)




No comments: