Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Time of Thanksgiving is Here...

Well, it seems that another Thanksgiving is upon us---but let us not forget the reason why we celebrate this most gracious holiday. Though the food and company are more than delightful. It is more than that. It is where our hearts are. It is about the smiles we share and the laughter that rings through the comfort and joy of family and friends. It is the prayers and kind words that are given. It is about being humble, and most important: Grateful.
I am most grateful for an abundant list of things that could go on for millions and billions of years about. But, instead of listing them all, I will simply share a few:

I absolutely love my family and there is no doubt whatsoever about it. It is wonderful knowing that no matter how old I get, I am still my parents baby girl. That there could ever be so much love in this imperfect world that I am worthy of. My parents are so dear and precious to my heart. They are my ultimate best friends and they will be forever and ever. And my sisters are the sweetest angels anyone could ever encounter. Oh, how their voices, their smiles, their laughs, make me feel like I have died and gone to heaven! They too, are my ultimate best friends and I am so blessed to know that with my family, I will never be alone.

My faith in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is tied for first place alongside my family. No one can even begin to imagine the pain, and suffering that My Heavenly Father, Mother, Brother (Jesus Christ), Prophets and many others went through so that I would be able to be a part of this gospel, and have it in my life as a guide and be able to know exactly why I am here and where I am going. It is an incredible feeling to know this, that is so sweet that it is hard for me to even begin to describe in mortal words. My whole heart and soul is embodied in these most marvelous of marvels.

Everyone I meet and come into contact with, is important to me. They mean the world to me. They teach me things I would have never thought of before. I feel what they feel and they trust me. I am so grateful that there is trust, and love, and friendship in this world. It is what I thrive on and what makes me the most happy. Especially when all three are active at the same time. I love everyone, no matter where they came from, who they are, or what they have done. I forgive because hate and grudges are ugly, and destructive, and that is not my nature. I am very grateful for the friendships I have made and how my friends love and trust and care for me and I know that no matter what I am going through, they understand me and they support me.

Now, I hope I haven't bored you out of your mind. I just have been seriously thinking the last few days about life and meaning, and it got me thinking about the season that we are in and I wanted to share this message and my thoughts before I let it slip by. I am so grateful to my followers and readers and fans and random strangers that mistakenly wander onto this page. Thank you so much for your love and support. Without you guys I wouldn't be doing this and expressing what I love to do which is write! I cannot even express how much each one of you mean to me. So in the most simplest of words....I am grateful to you!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments: