Sunday, March 24, 2013

Finding Who I Am

The last month I have searched long and hard at who I really am. For so long I have felt at a loss to who I really am and I felt I needed to take a period of time to {re}find myself. I have come up with a list in that time that I would like to share with you.

First and foremost:  I am a Daughter of God.

                   I am the kind of girl who...

  • puts 210% of my energy into each and every person I meet. No matter how exhausting it may seem, it's the only thing that makes me the happiest is when I am able to help people to the very best of my abilities.
  • dances all the time, anytime. Down the stairs, across the floor, in a grocery store or at a mall.
  • sings in the car, at the top of my lungs, when no one else is in the car with me or with eight people jammed into my car-- it doesn't matter.
  • can't just simply describe something to someone, I have to make sure that when I talk to someone they see exactly what I see in my head. Lots of descriptors :)
  • really loves food and creating new dishes. I cook, I bake, I create and I love catering! I have always wanted to open a little suave cafe full of delicious affordable and extremely healthy dishes that are drool worthy.
  • loves to read. I always have a book in my purse, backpack, bag, etc! I can never leave the house without one. For any of you asking what kinds I like, my top three are: Fantasy/Fiction, Murder Mystery/Crime Fiction, Holocaust type stories. Wow... You guys probably think I am really dark or depressing ahaha I promise I'm not, they are just the ones that I feel so intrigued and drawn into.
  • takes "way to many" (as my sisters point out) pictures. They always ask, "ughhhh... you aren't putting that on instagram are you??" haha I reply with a very defensive,"NO. It's for my blog sillies!"
  • never posts anything (or at least feels that way) on my blog but ALWAYS thinks of things I can write about. Sorry, I really do try!
  • seems to have this very "confident" air about myself which makes people think I want to be alone all the time when in actuality I hate being left alone.
  • (as hard as it is to admit) is a perfectionist. I get it from my beautiful mother :)
  • loves beyond anything else, to travel. I dream big on this one and hope one day I will be able to get to see all of it! I love culture, different foods/smells, sightseeing, languages and people.
  • isn't phased by dead animals (I cry over them but I'm not creeped out) but can't bring myself to go into a room if there is a spider in it, *forever haunted by spiders, creepy little buggers.*
  • can't decide if I want to go into (1)English Creative Writing, (2)Psychology/Sociology, (3)Culinary Arts, or (4)Forensics/Criminology Anthropology. Yup, four very different areas and I want to do them all. I might be in school for a very looooong time :D
  • openly admits to being weird. I accepted that fact a very long time ago. The only way to survive sanity it to accept it! Normal people don't know what they are missing out on.
  • always writing down things in notebooks. I have the memory of Dory the Fish from the Disney  movie Finding Nemo. Yup, it's that short.
  • knows every song title, artist name, movie title/plot. I can tell you what movies an actor has been in as well as what actors are in a movie. I am a walking encyclopedia when it comes to stuff like that.
  • loves finding really big fun words. Every time I don't know what a word means, I write it down and look it up!
  • loves fall and everything about it. The crackling fires, falling leaves, smore's, pumpkin spice hot cocoa and the heightened thankful feeling that hangs in the autumn air.
  • switches from my American to British accent without realizing it and half the time uses American Sign Language, French, Spanish, German, Chinese and Italian interchangeably with my English. *I'm not fluent in any (pretty close in ASL) but english, so no need to ask, I just LOVE language and have picked up a little of each.
  • always has music playing. When I'm driving, dancing, cleaning the kitchen, cooking, doing homework, running, or just sitting.
  • loves my family, friends, and every person I have had the pleasure of coming into contact with. Those that support me in all my endeavors. I can't thank you enough!
This isn't all that I am, but it's a pretty good list to a glimpse of who I really am. We are always changing and sometimes I feel we don't look and say "is this me?" If we don't every once in a while, we can lose ourselves. 

One thing I will always know about myself is that I can always know who I am through Christ. I am grateful for the knowledge of Him and His love for me. He is always there, wanting the best for me and believing in the potential He gave to me as I came to this earth to live in mortality.

No comments: