Thursday, April 11, 2013

8:00, Please Come....

12:00 pm - Slowly working through my Nutrition test but I am not that interested. I have an hour left of work before I can go home. I want to go home so bad and show off the "white envelope" to my family.

12:15 pm - Did I just "Save and Submit Later" on my online test? Yes, yes I did. I can't focus anymore on it. I will have to finish it when I get home. Basically after that I spun around in my chair while looking at the ceiling (because I am still a kid at heart, and my mind couldn't take the anxiousness).

12:30 pm - Thomas (the kid that takes my spot for the afternoon shift) comes in while Craig and I are talking about how to drastically discipline strong headed kids.
               Me: Wow, that is really intense!
               Thomas: I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
               Craig: Ya, but it works.
               Me: I don't think it would work on everyone though.
               Craig: I would say most cases.
               Thomas: Just have me beat them up. Just kidding. What are we talking about?
               Me: Naughty kids.
               Thomas: Oh... ya... just kidding.
Seriously the kid is crazy. Which he then grilled me on what pencil lead was and what happens when it  heats up. To all of that, I had no idea, resulting in a, "I really am failing this test aren't I?" To which his reply was, "Oh my goodness," while simultaneously sighing. Ya, I stink at science. Thanks Thomas for the science lesson though, I now know what pencil lead is (carbon - a very, very stable element), what happens when it is heated (a whole lot of "pretty much nothing") and how you can use a car battery to make a pencil into a light to help you see in the dark, on the side of the road, to fix your car.

1:00 pm - I hit the "clock" button and race out the door to my car so I can go home and wave the mission call in my parents faces! If you can't tell, I was excited!

2-8 pm - Me freaking out, having an anxiety attack about opening my call. Cleaning the house and decorating for all the company planned to arrive for the call opening. Finishing my Nutrition Exam and celebrating the fact that I have Nutrition NO MORE!! Then after all of that, a birthday dinner for Shaelie at our favorite restaurant Koi Sushi Bar and then back for cake with Grandma and Grandpa Wood just before everyone started trickling in! Yaaay!

8:15 pm - Everyone has arrived and my mom is forcing me up in front of everybody, yikes the nerves! My dad, although I told him not to, is telling everybody we are going to sing "I hope they call me on a mission" followed by "Happy Birthday." Then, it was my turn to stand up and open the call. As soon as I stood, the spirit filled me up to the brim and I just started crying. I bawled through the whole mission call.

8:45 pm - So many hugs! I felt so loved in those moments after I finished reading. Many congratulatory remarks as well as tears of joy and smiles. I just felt that after I read it, the anxiety, worry, discouragement, and inadequacy washed away leaving me happier than I think I have ever been in my entire life.  I couldn't be more relieved, excited, and in love with where I am going!

Thank you to everyone who came and supported me!

**Want to know where I am going? Click Here.

No comments: