Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Longest Day. EVER.

6:58 am - Dad calls down to my room to wake me up, it's already morning, wwhhaatt?? How did that happen? He ask if I want to help decorate the kitchen or sleep more. I decide to grab Shaelie's posters off my floor and run upstairs to help decorate the kitchen.

7:05 am - In the kid's office, still half awake, with camille. We finished up the posters and try finding the "blue tape" to stick them all around the kitchen.

7:12 am - Shaelie comes downstairs for breakfast. I tell her she needs to go back upstairs because we aren't done hanging up the posters. Does she listen? Nope. Instead she insists that she has to leave for school and needs to grab breakfast before she goes.

7:23 am - Shaelie is walking out the door for school as the whole family, minus Brynlee who is still asleep, yells HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I pinned a "Birthday Girl" badge on her backpack but I'm sure as she pulled into the school parking lot, it would be off, laying on the floor of the passengers seat.

7:31 am - I walk back downstairs and turn on the music on my computer while I try to find something to wear to work for the day. I swear it takes me forever to decide on an outfit...

8:03 am - Dad calls down to my room, "Alyssa?" "Ya dad?" "The post office might just have your call." "REALLY??" *long silence* "Yes! They really do. Today is an eventful day!" "It sure is dad!" *me laughing so hard with estatic joy and amazement after my dad hangs up the phone.* It's here.

8:35 am - Dressed, hair fixed and make-up applied. I walk upstairs to cook my waffle and head out to work for the morning.

8:44 am - Driving down the drive way after scraping ice off my front window and almost spilling my peanut butter, buttermilk syrup, fresh raspberry waffle all down the front of me. (phew! A close one.) I decided that I needed to sit in silence all the way there because I have been so anxious the last four and a half days that I needed to find some "inner peace."

8:58 am - I arrive to work, only to realize that I left my badge at home, again. Day two, Alyssa? Shame on you. Next time take it out of your locker and put it in your purse, okay? Okay.

9:00 am - I knock on the mailroom back door to have my boss, Craig, let me in. "Oh hi! I'm really frazzled this morning aren't I? Sorry about the badge, again... BUT HEY! My call is here!?" He just stared. Apparently he wasn't expecting me to say that. Slowly though, a smile surfaced as he said, "Well how are we going to keep your mind off of the call until you go home, we wouldn't want today to feel too long huh? Maybe I can have you package some orders up for me before the post office, would that be good?" I just laughed and nodded my head. I need the distraction. Seriously, I have the nicest boss in the world. I LOVE staying super busy.

9:19 am - Craig leaves to go to facilities and finance to drop some documents off. I'm left to my own devices until I have to go to the post office. My choice of poision, study for my nutrition final. Gross.

9:45 am - Head out to the Lehi and American Fork post office. I decide it would be easier to swing by the AF one first and pick up my.... MISSION CALL!! And then swing back the other way on my drive back to Xango.

10:00 am - Walk into AF post office. "Hi. I'm here to pick up my... umm... mission call."

10:02 am - Out of the post office with my call in hand :) Oh my hiccups! It's real! I have it, right now. Wait what am I doing? What is air? This can't be real. *pats envelope to make sure it's real (50+times or so).

10:07 am - Walk into Lehi post office. *still stunned and worrying about it being left alone in the van by itself. I should have brought it in, just for good measure. Can't have anything happen to it before tonight. Oh well, I'll be out in a second... *still worrying.

10:20 am - So the lehi post office took a bit longer than the AF one but I am finally back at Xango, knocking on the back door, aaggaaiinn. (Sorry Craig...) I slide my call into my nutrition book and proceed to put my phone and the company van's keys away. Time to put the mail in the boxes, stop worrying about your call. It's safe.

10:25 am - Only seven letters and a return? People, where is all the rest of the mail? I get super bummed when there isn't a whole lot of mail to hand out to the departments. I sit back at my desk and stare at my UPS calendar until I start to feel a headache coming on. Guessing the only thing to do at this point is to start studying again until someone comes down with an order or requests a package pickup.

11:05 am - I start getting distracted and decide to take a break. I am soo glad winter online semester ends this week but I really am hating on finals. No one should ever have to take a test on the last week of school. We should just have an end-of-semester discussion on what our favorite part of the class was. Mine: when it's over :) hehe. I'm kidding but seriously, I'm a bit disapointed with my classes this past semester. But, oh well. Spring semester starts a week from monday so we'll see if that one is better. And then I GRADUATE LOLLIPOPS!

11:18 am - Wednesday's are always pretty slow in the mailroom so I decide that since I don't have a lot of time after work that I should probably start my nutrition final case study exam. uhgg...bleh...please no...whyy?... I can't... my brain is dead... you know what we should do instead?... no, Alyssa... stop that....it's test time... uhgg, fine!  Yup I hate tests.

11:24 am - Still stalling....

11:29 am - Okay. Question 1.



No comments: