Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11th: Day 11

Well, we have made it 11 days in to the year 2012 and I hope everyone hasn't quit on their New Year resolutions yet!! I am staying strong on my promise and I am determined to prove to myself really, that I can go a whole year without sugar, carbonated drinks (which also include diet/zero calorie drinks), red meat, ect, etc.

I also promised that I would run 6 days a week which I have stuck with diligently. I am working hard to be more flexible by stretching as soon as I wake up, right after I go running, and right before I climb into bed-- holding every stretch for 30 seconds. I want to have my splits down by the end of the year because i have always been so jelous of the people that can do their splits.

I have been very, very, very diligent about sticking to my meal plan foods, but one thing that I find that helps me is that I don't eat after 7pm because your metabolism actually slows down at night and so, you may still be eating healthy food after 7pm but your body isn't burning it off as fast as during the day when you are more active. So I tell myself that I can't eat after 7pm, but you still want to eat 5-7 smaller meals during the day, every 2-3 hours because it really has an effect on your body and your metabolism.

Also, along those same lines, make sure to ALWAYS eat before you go exercise. Even if it is only a couple of bites of a banana or apple, it has been proven that your body and mind need food and water before you exercise, especially if you workout right when you wake up because your body has been starving all night while you sleep, and your metabolism is shot, so to jumpstart it you really need to eat. I can't stressed that concept enough, there are also effects of running without food like dizziness, nausea, etc. So really think about eating before heading out for a run!

Best Of Luck! Stay tuned for more updates and wisdom from yours truly!!

No comments: