Sunday, January 1, 2012

My One Year Journey...

This is not a New Year's Resolution but a Promise for myself:
This is my One Year Journey Promise, an oath. I have dreamed of being super healthy, strong, and beautiful. But, have not done much about it. Therefore, they are only dreams, only wishes that will never be. Until now. Because it is the season of the new year I thought that I should put forth a true and honest effort of planning, doing, becoming and achieving. I pledge to 365 days of strict discipline and devotion to bettering myself in wellness not in weight. To start a clean year, a new slate that will change what will define who I am.

So many people think that others are on strict diets and exercise plans to lose weight. But I don't want to be put it that stereotype. I AM DOING THIS FOR MY HAPPINESS AND MY HEALTH, and if I lose weight in the process, that's great. But it is not my train of thought at all.


Many may say that this is a lofty goal and that I won't reach it or I will give up a few weeks into this but I want everyone to know that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and I need support and faith that I can do this instead of negative thoughts. And even then, I am here to prove to myself, more or less that I am determined and can do hard things.


I feel very passionate about this decision and I have thought about it for a pretty long time now and I thought it was about time I get myself in order.


When people ask you how you are doing, the proper answer is that say that you are well. But what exactly is wellness? I have learned that it comes down to 5 subjects that encompass our whole life. They are: Social, Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, and Spiritual-- you have to balance all five to have truly gained wellness. And I am seeking in this year long journey most of all- WELLNESS.

I want to live the life that God gave me to my best ability, and know that when I die, that I did everything I could possibly do to take care of my body and mind to the greatest of my strength and ultimately my inner determination. I want a

great self-esteem and a powerful confidence which honestly I feel I have never had. I want to be happy-- even in the hardest of hard times. I hope you will follow my journey. I will be writing as much as possible about the life aspect on my Dreaming Fantasies Blog and all about the food and exercise on my Food Scientist Blog. I hope you like what you read and keep reading through the 365 days. It would make my year if you did! Here is to a year of No's:


No Sugar

No Carbonated Drinks

No Red Meat


No Really Salty Things

No Really Sweet Things

No Really Fake Foods

No Junk/ Processed Food Whatsoever

No Wishing or Dreaming (but doing, striving)


NO REGRETS IN ALL I DO!!!


And this all starts TODAY, January First, Two-thousand and Twelve and I will post a finds and conclusion blog post on how things went and how I feel over all on December Thirty-first, Two-thousand and Twelve, so stick around! And I appreciate the support and love!!

No comments: