Sunday, August 12, 2012

9:06 and Funerals

Yesterday was an interesting day:

9:06am 
I turned nineteen, which means one step closer to jumping out of the "teen" years which is crazy pants to think I am even remotely close to being twenty next year, so, of course it's weird that I am even nineteen. But I am happy to be one year older and wiser too!

9:29am
I woke up to my whole family gone to the Alpine Days Parade and my Uncle Alan's family in my room. I slept on the couch with Shaelie, but she had left early to be in the parade for Lone Peak's Africa Club Float.

10:06am 
I walked into a church and searched for a room full of crying people. Yes, I went to a funeral. It was for one of my best friends, her brother had passed away and so with love and care I went and paid my respects to her and her family. I thought I wasn't even going to be able to enter the room without breaking down and choking up. She was so close with her baby brother that it was heartbreaking to me to see her so upset. I just wish I knew exactly the thing to say to help her feel better but it's so hard. I just hope with lots of TLC and time that her heart will mend and she will be happy again. My love, care, and prayers go out to her and her family.

11:45am 
I helped my mom with lunch. We made our famously delicious and nutritious chicken salad with onions, red grapes, and avocado. We put it on bagel slices as open faced sandwiches. They are so good!

12:37pm
My parents, my sisters Shaelie and Camile, and myself left our house to pick up my cousin Brittney to go up to Salt Lake for my grand present: WICKED!

1:22pm
We pull into a parking spot in the parking garage under Olive Garden in Downtown Salt Lake, right across the street from the Salt Lake Theatre.

2:00pm
Wicked begins! Have I mentioned that it is my third time seeing this glorious, beautiful play?? It is by far my favorite. I have now seen it in California, New York, and my home turf, Utah!

4:53pm
The play ends, we get on the freeway and head for Holladay, Salt lake, on Salt Lake's East bench for dinner at Layla Mediterranean Grill and Mezze, my Favorite restaurant (I have only been there twice)!

6:37pm
We pull into the parking lot of Fashion Place Mall to get some take out cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Luckily, that way, there were no singing waiters!

7:14pm
I run in to Smith's to buy some flowers to try to cheer my friend up. Seriously I feel so bad for her, I wish I could comprehend what she is feeling!

8:01pm
Shaelie, Camille, Brittney and I all go downstairs to watch Miss Congeniality to end the interesting but wonderful nineteenth Birthday celebration.

10:12pm
I took Brittney back home and ended up talking for a little while in my car outside her front door. It was so fun to have her join my family and I on our little outing.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes, you all helped make me a very happy girl on my birthday. I love you all and really appreciate everything you have done for me up to this point. You are my guiding stars and I don't know what I would do without each and every one of you! Hopefully I really am a bit wiser now, I know I don't feel that much older, but I am!

1 comment:

Karina Marie Powell said...

Awww happy birthday Alyssa!~ I have to tell you how jealous I am about wicked!!! ah- my favorite thing EVER!!! Can't believe you are 19! ahhhhhh love you!