Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reader's Corner Thursday: Between Shades of Gray

Hey Guys!

So I haven't written in quite a while because I have been so busy with projects (some for this blog, some for other things, like training) but I have decided that I am going to have some themed posts throughout the week and I thought I would start today with "Reader's Corner" which is where I will tell you all about the books I am currently reading right now. They will always be posted on Thursdays so watchout for them. Okay. Here we go.

 
Now most of you when you saw either the title of this post or the book cover above, probably thought, Oh no, Alyssa! That is a very bad book, what are you doing reading it?
 
But my friends, you are confusing two very differnet books. The one you are probably thinking this one is, is 50 Shades of Grey. But, it's not.  And yes, that one is a bad book. 
 
This one is called Between Shades of Gray. Which is about a fifteen-year-old girl who lives in Lithuania during the year 1941. So far it's been a really easy read. But it is a very heavy topic. It's all about Prision Camps and the terrors that families went through during that time period in history.
 
Synopsis from GoodReads:
 
"It's 1941 and fifteen-year-old artist Lina Vilkas is on Stalin's extermination list. Deported to a prison camp in Siberia, Lina fights for her life, fearless, risking everything to save her family. It's a long and harrowing journey and it is only their incredible strength, love, and hope that pull Lina and her family through each day. But will love be enough to keep them alive?"
 
**You guys can join me in reading if you want, like a book club. But I will be doing reccomendations as well and I would love yours in return**
 
Happy Thursday everyone!
 


No comments: