Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Letter to the Birthday Girl

Britt,

If I haven't recognized, and possibly embarrassed, you enough on Facebook, Instagram, through text messages, letters, etc, I wanted to do it one more time here on the good ole blog.


I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and your example. I look up to you in so many ways and the spirit that you hold is so precious! I have loved all the wonderful times that we have been able to share with each other since, well, birth -- not a lot of people can say that to their bestest best friend! I can never express enough how much I am so grateful to you.


We have gone on some great adventures and I hope those adventures keep happening until the end of Eternity because we have way too much fun together. I absolutely love our "Red Mango Run Confessionals" and I couldn't be happier to have such a great patient listener like yourself, as my friend and cousin. Sometimes you are the only one I want to talk to (no offense to other family and friends) but I always know that I can count on you. Seriously, you are my number one confidant. You are such a blessing to me because of that!






 Like I said Britt, I look up to you in so many ways that if I wrote them all out, I could probably write a series of novels and still not touch on everything. But a few are things like: Optimism, I haven't met anyone who is just as happy as you are. No matter what is going on, you always seem to have a smile on your face! Piano, I seriously wish and wish and wish I could play like you. The fact that you are able to play in front of lots of people is so inspiring to me. Confident, seeing as you can play the piano front of lots of people, even in competitions and things like Jr. Miss Pageants where you have so much confidence is amazing. I honestly wished so badly I could do Jr. Miss with you but I just never felt I could be that confident and talented as you! Smart, you honestly are one of my role models when it comes to being smart. You are able to speak your mind so nicely and you are so thoughtful and insightful when you do. Spiritual, I don't think I have ever seen you waver in the church, in the Gospel, in your testimony, or in staying true to you and your beliefs! You know who you are and you let nothing change that. Fun, there is never a dull moment when we are together, even if all we are doing is sitting and talking, the energy that you have is incredible and I just love being around you because of that.


I couldn't be more humbled when I am around you, you are so genuine and I see the way the Lord see's when I am able to be around you. You are seriously the best cousin/ friend in the entire world. I know we talked a little at my mission call opening about how you don't really want me to go but you are so supportive. I don't think you know how hard it is going to be for myself to leave you for a year and a half. We have always been together, the farthest apart from each other we've been is 10 minutes when you were still in AF and I was in Alpine. I love your strength and I know that it's going to be hard on us both, but keep me in the loop while I'm out! You will have a letter every week from me and that's a promise!


In all I just want to say "Happy Birthday" with the intent to show you just a small portion of how much I love you and care about you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be the kind of person I am today. You are a great gift from God to me and everyone else you come into contact with during your life. You are beautiful and loving and I only want the best for you Britt, because that is all you deserve, especially with the heart of gold you have, it's the only expectable thing you should be given!


 Love ya girlie! You've made it out of the teens finally. How does 20 feel so far??

LOVE your biggest fan,
Alyssa

No comments: