Friday, May 3, 2013

Worlds Away

A poem I wrote this morning. No judging, I don't do poetry, but I tried (It's written in free verse). Press play to listen to the music as you read. Hope you like it :) :)

Missing Mr. Nathan. by noseina_book on Grooveshark

I miss you. 

How many hours, minutes, and seconds
I stood there, wishing,
You would come back to me.

It seems like just the other day...

I walked through the long hall
trying to find my room, rounding
the corner,
and there you were,
standing there,
looking guilty while the rest ran out
yelling, "Man! Are you
serious?!"

Our eyes held for just a moment
and then I was walking
the other direction,
shaking my head and
giggling 
silently
to myself.

It seems like just the other day...

We sat there, staring,
twelve people
sitting between us. Silently.

Then a change in thought.
Then there I was,
scooting over.
Then there you were,
sitting so close.

My heart gave a flutter,
face full of confusion.
That sly smile peeking,
we weren't friends,
not really. "Is it alright,
if I,
sit here?" A smile.

It seems like just the other day...

It was a Wednesday.
You wore a black dress shirt,
grey tie and jeans,
looking oh so suave.
Chatting with my dad and
promising that I 
would be home on time.

We couldn't stop talking
the whole ride down.
It's possible 
I was
a little, well,
                                                                                                distracting.

We laced up.
You took off, showing
your mad skills
while I giggled and followed
s l    o         w               l                      y
behind in pursuit.

They called for snowball,
taking my hand. But,
it was girls choice.
I chose you, but first I had to 
catch
you.

It seems like just the other day.

But it wasn't.

667 days ago...

 I first met you.
Not knowing, the outcome
of our futures.

445 days ago...

You decided
you wanted to sit by
me.

435 days ago...

 You asked 
me out, for the first of many.
We played like the big kids
we were.

375 days ago...

The last phone call I
-- ever --
got from you. It lasted three hours
while I sat on the porch of my
Rexburg apartment, it lightly rained.
You were sitting in your American
Fork room, trying to pack. Different paths,
awaiting us.

374 days ago...

 You left.

I never got that goodbye hug.
I felt empty.
But you had to.
You had to go,
there was no other way.
I needed you to go,
they deserve you more than I do.

Now.

I send my prayers to you every night,
hoping you receive them
when you wake in the morning
and get down on your knees
and thank the Lord
for another day of service.

You are my best friend, 
and one day,
621 days,
or so,
away, 
hopefully I will get
to see you again.

Okay, o-okay ----

I really miss you.

With Love, Alyssa Wood




No comments: