Monday, September 12, 2011

My first "home cooked" meal and the first day of college!

So yesterday after church I decided that I needed to make an actual meal that I cooked my self so i put some brown rice in the rice cooker. Then, while it was cooking, I cooked some chicken tenders, sauteed some yellow onions, green onions, and squash. A dash of salt and a tablespoon of Italian dressing and I had my first meal that I cooked in my new home! :) it was great and there were leftovers that I put in the fridge for another time when I don't feel like cooking! So below is a picture of the end product before I mix it with the brown rice:


Does it look yummy?? I thought it was, but maybe that was because I was so hungry, eating lunch at like 2:45 is really late!

Also it was the first day of COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was really good, my professors are funny and seem really good, I am still not sure about the class yet but right now they seem interesting and good. I did have a bit of a breakdown a few hours after my first class because my printer isn't working and so it's stressing me out and I am trying to put a brave face on but I am struggling a little bit trying to transition into being own my own and away from family but I will learn to survive and I just have to tell myself that it WILL get better!


I got this taken right before I left for my first class :)

No comments: